10g recycle bin and ALL_OBJECTS

From: Harel <guhar1_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 11:18:30 -0800 (PST)

We have a DB setup program which uses Oracle cursors on ALL_OBJECTS to extract several kinds of objects from an oracle schema (owner of objects). The program then creates synonyms and grants on these objects for another schema (secured user of these objects). We are now upgrading our customers to 10G and are realizing that our utility creates synonyms on the recycle bin tables. We would like to know how to change our cursor to avoid including these temporary tables:

The obvious suggestions is :
  select * from all_objects where object_name not like 'BIN%'

But I've been told that the BIN keyword could change in the future? Received on Wed Jan 30 2008 - 13:18:30 CST

Original text of this message