Re: Oracle 10g hanging when reading reading tables from a dmp file.

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 10:56:58 -0800 (PST)

On Jan 30, 12:40 pm, "gba..._at_ravenpack.com" <gba..._at_ravenpack.com> wrote:
> Hi Adam,
>
>  You probably want to test this using Oracle 9i "imp" command line
> utility within ORACLE 10g, this is, out of OEM environment.
>  You'll find documentation regarding how to use this utility athttp://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10501_01/server.920/a96652/ch02.h...
>
>  I have successfully imported Oracle9i schemas into Oracle 10.2.0.1
> release like that.
>
>  Good luck.
>
> Gonzalo.

Yes, run the imp program yourself as Gonzalo suggested and see how long it takes to run. I suggest you use the log= and feedback= parameters on the import. If you are unfamilar with running the utility from the command line try the imp help=y option and/or look in the Utilities manual.

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Wed Jan 30 2008 - 12:56:58 CST

Original text of this message