Oracle 10g hanging when reading reading tables from a dmp file.

From: Adam Sandler <corn29_at_excite.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 08:52:11 -0800 (PST)

Hello,

I'm using Oracle 10.2.0.3.0 and I'm trying to import a 9i dump file. I know this file is good but on this particular server.

With the HTML based OEM, I'm selecting the Maintenance tab, Import from Export Files. From the combobox, select "Prior to 10g", point to the dump file location, and selecting the Tables radio button for the import type.

The next page which pops up, with the text, "Import Processing: Read Import File". The page instructs the import file is being read and it may take several minutes to complete.

I never get past this page. I've actually let it run overnight and I never get to the next page.

There is nothing in any of the adump, bdump, cdump, ddump, etc., log files which indicates a failure.

I've upped the SGA and PGA size and that hasn't helped either.

So here is where I'm stuck. There is nothing in the log, I've increased memory, I know the dmp file is good, and when I try to import, I it hangings on reading tables.

Suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks! Received on Wed Jan 30 2008 - 10:52:11 CST

Original text of this message