Re: determine number of sessions

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 13:30:55 -0800 (PST)

On Jan 29, 3:49 pm, Ben <benal..._at_yahoo.com> wrote:
> 10.2.0.2 Ent Ed
>
> Is there a way to determine the max number of sessions for a given
> time frame with the database, either from awr reports or from a v$
> view.
>
> I'm trying to determine if we've hit the ceiling of our sessions or
> processes parameter setting at any time throughout the day.

Both current and maximum number of sessions and processes since the database was started can be found in v$resource_limit.

If you copied the desired data at midnight every day into a tracking table you would then have your requested data. Up the frequency if you need to track the data more closely.

Personally I can live with just since the last time the database was started.

Note that reading the AWR tables requires that you license the EM Performance Pack module.

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Tue Jan 29 2008 - 15:30:55 CST

Original text of this message