Re: IMP-00058: ORACLE error 1017 encountered (invalid username/password)

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 09:38:53 -0800 (PST)

On Jan 29, 1:50 am, davide.cosent..._at_gmail.com wrote:
> hi,
> I am using Oracle for the 1st time.
>
> I have been given the dump of a database (snc01.DMP), which was
> created by means of the export command.
> I have not much details about the export, apart that it was don using
> an owner named:
>
> OWNER=('PRODUCT_OWN')
>
> I am trying to IMPORT the dump into an Oracle 10g on Solaris 10.
> I have followed this procedure:
>
> logon as root
>
> >su - oracle
> >bash
> >export ORACLE_HOME=$ORACLE_BASE/product/10.2.0/Db_4
> >export ORACLE_SID=PRODUCT
> >sqlplus /NOLOG
>
> SQL>connect sys as sysdba
>
> SQL>DROP USER PRODUCT_OWN CASCADE;
> SQL>CREATE USER PRODUCT_OWN IDENTIFIED BY PRODUCT_OWN DEFAULT
> TABLESPACE SYSTEM TEMPORARY TABLESPACE TEMP QUOTA UNLIMITED ON SYSTEM;
> SQL>GRANT CREATE SEQUENCE TO PRODUCT_OWN;
> SQL>GRANT CREATE TABLE TO PRODUCT_OWN;
> SQL>GRANT CREATE VIEW TO PRODUCT_OWN;
> SQL>GRANT CREATE SESSION TO PRODUCT_OWN;
> SQL> grant dba to PRODUCT_OWN;
> SQL> exit
>
> >imp PRODUCT_OWN/PRODUCT_OWN_at_PRODUCT file=/export/home/oracle/snc01.DMP fromuser=PRODUCT_OWN touser=PRODUCT_OWN log=/export/home/oracle/snc01.log
>
> I get the following error:
>
> ****
> Import: Release 10.2.0.1.0 - Production on Tue Jan 29 11:59:24 2008
> Copyright (c) 1982, 2005, Oracle.  All rights reserved.
>
> IMP-00058: ORACLE error 1017 encountered
> ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon deniedUsername:
>
> Anyone can suggest me what to do? I have the impression that the user
> has not enough privilege, but I am not sure.

Way too much privilege.

> If I try to logon into SQLPLUS as PRODUCT_OWN (password=PRODUCT_OWN) I
> can logon with no error.

Are you doing sqlplus product_own/product_own or sqlplus product_own/ product_own_at_product ? Are you doing anything remote from the server? Why the bash after the su?

Pawel's suggestion of checking the case might be good, be sure and check it in /var/opt/oracle/oratab as well as anywhere else you see $ORACLE_HOME defined. You might consider using oraenv to condition your environment. How many databases and homes are on this box? Are some homes obsolete?

Also, could you let us know exactly how you specify the listener on port 1721? There are a couple of different ways, maybe something is wrong there. How many .ora files are in $ORACLE_HOME/network/admin ?

And definitely listen to Sybrand, putting user info in the system ts is a big no-no.

> Also, I have tried to perform the import as "system" but I get the
> following:
>
> ****
> Export file created by EXPORT:V09.02.00 via conventional path
>
> Warning: the objects were exported by PRODUCT_OWN, not by you
>
> import done in US7ASCII character set and UTF8 NCHAR character set
> import server uses WE8ISO8859P1 character set (possible charset
> conversion)
> export client uses WE8MSWIN1252 character set (possible charset
> conversion)
> export server uses AL16UTF16 NCHAR character set (possible ncharset
> conversion)
> . importing PRODUCT_OWN's objects into PRODUCT_OWN
> IMP-00003: ORACLE error 1435 encountered
> ORA-01435: user does not exist

These character sets strike me as strange, particularly the US7ASCII for a 10g import. Please describe all platforms/versions in use, and any NLS_* environment settings. If there is something besides the solaris box involved, post any tnsnames.ora on the something. You may have an inappropriately configured client, wherever it may be, including on the server.

If you have any 8 bit data in there, it may potentially be hosed with a 7 bit import.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
"Blue water Navy truism: There are more planes in the ocean than