Problem installing Oracle client 10.2.0.1

From: Faraz <sarfarazlatif_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 08:00:29 -0800 (PST)

Hi All,
I am trying to install oracle client 10.2.0.1 on Solaris 9. Installation completes with success but i have porblems with privileges for all the directories under Oracle Home. instead of having 755 or drwxr-xr--x for all the directories and sub directories under Oracle Home most of them have drwxr-x---. which essentially means no one other than oracle can do much. any ideas what I have missed to end up with this problem? has any one else encounter it?I can change the permission manually but i want to find out what may have caused it.

thanks for all the help in advance.
Faraz Received on Tue Jan 29 2008 - 10:00:29 CST

Original text of this message