IMP-00058: ORACLE error 1017 encountered (invalid username/password)

From: <davide.cosentino_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 01:50:27 -0800 (PST)

hi,
I am using Oracle for the 1st time.

I have been given the dump of a database (snc01.DMP), which was created by means of the export command.
I have not much details about the export, apart that it was don using an owner named:

OWNER=('PRODUCT_OWN') I am trying to IMPORT the dump into an Oracle 10g on Solaris 10. I have followed this procedure:

logon as root

>su - oracle

>bash

>export ORACLE_HOME=$ORACLE_BASE/product/10.2.0/Db_4
>export ORACLE_SID=PRODUCT

>sqlplus /NOLOG

SQL>connect sys as sysdba

SQL>DROP USER PRODUCT_OWN CASCADE;
SQL>CREATE USER PRODUCT_OWN IDENTIFIED BY PRODUCT_OWN DEFAULT TABLESPACE SYSTEM TEMPORARY TABLESPACE TEMP QUOTA UNLIMITED ON SYSTEM;

SQL>GRANT CREATE SEQUENCE TO PRODUCT_OWN;
SQL>GRANT CREATE TABLE TO PRODUCT_OWN;
SQL>GRANT CREATE VIEW TO PRODUCT_OWN;
SQL>GRANT CREATE SESSION TO PRODUCT_OWN;
SQL> grant dba to PRODUCT_OWN;
SQL> exit

>imp PRODUCT_OWN/PRODUCT_OWN_at_PRODUCT file=/export/home/oracle/snc01.DMP fromuser=PRODUCT_OWN touser=PRODUCT_OWN log=/export/home/oracle/snc01.log

I get the following error:

Import: Release 10.2.0.1.0 - Production on Tue Jan 29 11:59:24 2008 Copyright (c) 1982, 2005, Oracle. All rights reserved.

IMP-00058: ORACLE error 1017 encountered ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon deniedUsername:

Anyone can suggest me what to do? I have the impression that the user has not enough privilege, but I am not sure.

If I try to logon into SQLPLUS as PRODUCT_OWN (password=PRODUCT_OWN) I can logon with no error.
Also, I have tried to perform the import as "system" but I get the following:

Export file created by EXPORT:V09.02.00 via conventional path

Warning: the objects were exported by PRODUCT_OWN, not by you

import done in US7ASCII character set and UTF8 NCHAR character set import server uses WE8ISO8859P1 character set (possible charset conversion)
export client uses WE8MSWIN1252 character set (possible charset conversion)
export server uses AL16UTF16 NCHAR character set (possible ncharset conversion)
. importing PRODUCT_OWN's objects into PRODUCT_OWN IMP-00003: ORACLE error 1435 encountered ORA-01435: user does not exist Received on Tue Jan 29 2008 - 03:50:27 CST

Original text of this message