Re: File permission with datapump file (Oracle 10G Release2)

From: Damien <damien.willier_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 00:20:13 -0800 (PST)

Hello David,

First, Thanks for your response.

> What could those 'actions' be?

I have to remove the exported files after having transferred then on our server.
The transfer is made by a shell script which connects to the remote server where are localized the exported dump files. Then after transferring, I have to clean the transferred dump files.

> Why would a user other than 'oracle' need to access that file? It's an export of a schema/database that
> normally only 'oracle' would need to process.

The distant server where are localized the dump files can be accessed via SSH only with a specific user.

> Modify the umask for the 'oracle' account.
In my case, it is impossible because modifying the umask would have effect on all output files generated by the user Oracle. The database is critical and the DBA does not permit this action.

> In that case you'll need to write a 'wrapper' script to run your
> dbms_datapump call, and in that script alter the permissions on the
> resulting file.

I will work on this way.

Thanks a lot.

Regards.

Damien. Received on Tue Jan 29 2008 - 02:20:13 CST

Original text of this message