Re: Ambiguous column name error after installing new server

From: Michael O <cleveridea.net_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 14:11:14 -0800 (PST)

On Jan 28, 11:11 am, Nicolas Avila <nicolasav..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> mmmmmmmmm...
> I will try to make it easier by using an example

Your original post was clear enough without an example. And my first post is still the blueprint for your only rational course of action.

Clearly if you are:

#1 unwilling or unable to perform regression testing
#2 certain the application hasn't change
#3 introducing a significant change such as upgrading two releases of
your database server
#4 certain it is breaking your application

Then you must abandon your upgrade to 11g or modify your application to accommodate 11g. There really are no alternatives. In fact, the latter isn't really a choice given #1.

Michael O
http://blog.crisatunity.com Received on Mon Jan 28 2008 - 16:11:14 CST

Original text of this message