MV refresh and background jobs for index rebuild

From: <pratap.deshmukh_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 14:02:23 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

Database Oracle - 10.2

I have a MV that is partitioned and has local indexes. The MV is refreshed as Complete with atomic_refresh = false. This is how Oracle is refreshing the MV -

  1. Makes indexes unsuable
  2. Truncates the MV
  3. Insert append into the MV
  4. Submits a background job to rebuild the indexes
  5. Rebuild each index partition in parallel

Now the last piece is giving me a problem, as the index partitions are rebuild in parallel, it is eating up server resources, how can I stop Oracle from doing the rebuilds in parallel?

Regards,
Pratap Received on Mon Jan 28 2008 - 16:02:23 CST

Original text of this message