Re: Oracle Connection

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 13:15:54 -0800 (PST)

On Jan 27, 7:45 am, l..._at_tech-trans.com wrote:
> Hi!
>
>   I have Windows application connect to the Oracle database server
> through ODBC all the time.  However, we found the application
> disconnect from database on each day morning.  The error involved
> "TNS-12152 unable to send break message", "ora-12570 TNS packet write
> failure" and so on.  I have tuned MTU size of Windows server and reset
> the switches.  It so strange!
>
> Ming

In addition to Charles' questions, are there errors in the alert log? I'd be wondering about ORA-155x errors in particular. Is undo_retention set? What is the version of everything? Are you shutting down the db every night? (Can't always rule out the silly ones without checking :-)

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib/20080128/news_1n28emerge.html