File permission with datapump file (Oracle 10G Release2)

From: Damien <damien.willier_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 09:14:43 -0800 (PST)

Hello,

I have a problem that I can't resolve. I hope that someone have a response.

I use the package DBMS_DATAPUMP to do an export of my database into a file.
The export operation is done correctly and the file appears correctly on the UNIX filesystem.

Here is the output of the "ls -l" command : -rw-r----- 1 oracle dba 614400 Jan 28 16:43 export.dmp

The exported file permissions are set by default as shown below.

The problem is that I have to do some actions that need write permissions on this file with a distant user via SSH (that user cannot be oracle).

My question is :
How to modify the default permission of the file to set the write permission to the group or others?
It is possible with a specific Oracle Package ? Is there any solution ?

I show on another thread that we can modify the umask of the user oracle but I also cannot do this (professionnal restriction.)

Thanks by advance for your help.

Regards.

Damien Received on Mon Jan 28 2008 - 11:14:43 CST

Original text of this message