Ambiguous column name error after installing new server

From: Nicolas Avila <>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 06:02:19 -0800 (PST)

I was using an Orcale 9i server on one of my applications and it worked fine.

Now I installed a new server and got installed an Oracle 11g

I am getting errors in the application which I didn't get before on my old server.

The rarest one is a 'column ambiguosly defined' error in some (actualy many) stored procedures.

Due to many stored procedures do dinamiclly generate the where filter i can not just fix the ones that didn't compile.

In the 'old' server I DID get many times this error, so I guess (?) that this error was not happening IF the query was written using ANSI joins...

Now the questions:
- Was this really so at oracle 9? Is this change reported? I mean to
do NOT support ambiguous column-names in ANSI joins at ORACLE 11.
- Is this maybe configurable? Can I configure the new server to work
as my old one did? Received on Mon Jan 28 2008 - 08:02:19 CST

Original text of this message