Re: ASM parameters

From: Steve Howard <stevedhoward_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2008 11:35:22 -0800 (PST)

On Jan 26, 2:12 pm, "Bob Jones" <em..._at_me.not> wrote:
> "Mladen Gogala" <mgog..._at_yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > I wonder whether buffer cache hit ratio would make sense for the ASM
> > instances and how to calculate it. I will let you know of my findings.
> > --
> >http://mgogala.freehostia.com
>
> (db block gets + consistent gets - physical reads)/(db block gets +
> consistent gets)

Sorry, no can do...

SQL> select instance_name,startup_time from gv$instance;

INSTANCE_NAME STARTUP_TIME

---------------- -------------------
+ASM1            2008_01_24 20:02:58
+ASM2            2008_01_25 11:42:44

SQL> select inst_id,name,value
  2 from gv$sysstat
  3* where name in('db block gets','consistent gets','physical reads');

   INST_ID NAME                                VALUE
         1 db block gets                           0
         1 consistent gets                         0
         1 physical reads                          0
         2 db block gets                           0
         2 consistent gets                         0
         2 physical reads                          0

6 rows selected.

SQL> Received on Sat Jan 26 2008 - 13:35:22 CST

Original text of this message