Re: Tablespace quota when user not in DB_TS_QUOTAS?

From: Yong Huang <yong321_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 19:51:19 -0800 (PST)

On Jan 22, 7:02 pm, DG problem <skatef..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> on HP-UX 9.2.0.8

> Also, only the user received the error message. Nothing appeared in
> the alert logs which was frustrating as the problem wasn't not
> apparent to me until the user called me. Is it possible to get this
> error output to the alert logs?

ORA-1536 (space quota exceeded for tablespace xxx) won't be written to alert.log unless you do some special arrangement. That arrangement is resumable session. Once you enable it in the user's session, any spacerelated  error for that session including ORA-1536 will be logged in alert.log.

Yong Huang Received on Fri Jan 25 2008 - 21:51:19 CST

Original text of this message