Re: Checking SQL_TRACE status of a particular session

From: joel garry <>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 13:57:23 -0800 (PST)

On Jan 24, 10:19 pm, Peter Teoh <> wrote:

> has all touch on SQL_TRACE, and how to sql_trace on, but no one
> mentioned that IT IS NOT "ENABLED" except  in ONE rare scenario:

And some trace was left on in one of the later 7.3 or early 8.0 releases. You'd eventually discover a giant file with otr in the name, using up all the I/O as it scanned to find the end of the file, or something. One day I was explaining this to an Oracle corp consultant, pointing it out on his screen, and we joked about it being "on the rag," and I turned around and discovered the older female gummint client had walked up behind us and was patiently waiting for us to quit geek-gabbing. Oops!

-- is bogus.