Re: Maxbytes sifgnification

From: <fitzjarrell_at_cox.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 06:48:44 -0800 (PST)

On Jan 23, 8:45 am, teddyber <teddy..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> On 23 jan, 15:31, "fitzjarr..._at_cox.net" <fitzjarr..._at_cox.net> wrote:

> > > not exactly. Actually I fell upon this question because I had (and
> > > still have!) different values for BYTES and MAXBYTES columns for
> > > datafiles not autoextensible.
> > > BYTES is the size of the file on the filesystem.

> > > this only affects the filesize and the changes the BYTES column on my
> > > server...

> > Looking at 10.2.0.3 I see the following:
>
> > FILE_NAME                                               BYTES
> > MAXBYTES
> > -------------------------------------------------- ----------
> > ----------
> > /d09/oradata/********/system01.dbf                  367001600
> > 0
>
> > So I stand corrected (teaches me to answer from memory).  MAXBYTES is
> > 0 which indicates the file is not autoextensible.  It won't change
> > until you activate autoextend for that file.
>
> > My apologies for answering without the aid of investigation.
>
> > David Fitzjarrell
>
> no problem! I'm still puzzled since i do not have a zero value for
> maxbytes but 10Go or 32Go or the same as the BYTES column for
> tablespaces where autoextend is off.
> I also cannot spot the difference between those tablespaces !
> (creation method, modifications done, etc.).- Hide quoted text -

It would be nice if you'd see your way clear to mention the Oracle release you're using. And an example of what you're talking about Without that information any response to your situation is merely guesswork.

David Fitzjarrell Received on Wed Jan 23 2008 - 08:48:44 CST

Original text of this message