Re: How to replace the "Copy from" command?

From: <fitzjarrell_at_cox.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 05:58:02 -0800 (PST)

On Jan 23, 7:30 am, nionio_usa <antonio.bote..._at_arc-intl.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
> Actually using 8i and 9i version of Oracle, we are migrating to the
> 10g version.
> We used to use the "copy from" syntax to copy data from DB1 to DB2 via
> DBLINK.
>
> Looks like this "copy from" does not work on 10g.
> I'd like to know how to replace that command?
>
> Thanks in advance.
> --
> dblink defined between DB1 and DB2.
>
> on DB1
>    truncate table table1;
>    set arraysize 1000
>    set copycommit 1
>    copy from user/pass_at_DB2 to user/pass_at_DB1 -
>            insert table1 using select * from table1;
>    quit

The COPY command still exists in 10.2.0.3; what leads you to believe it isn't working? What error messages do you see,. if any? I had no problems getting the copy command to work from 10.2.0.3.

Provide more detail; what you've provided thus far is insufficient to determine why this isn't working for you.

And please DO NOT post a question more than once. It doesn't get you any faster response, and may get you ignored.

David Fitzjarrell Received on Wed Jan 23 2008 - 07:58:02 CST

Original text of this message