Tablespace quota when user not in DB_TS_QUOTAS?

From: DG problem <skatefree_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 17:02:52 -0800 (PST)

on HP-UX 9.2.0.8

If a user has not been granted UNLIMITED TABLESPACE and the user doe not appear in DB_TS_QUOTAS then what determines how much tablespace quota a user has?

I recently had a user experience ORA-01536 and thus was not able to insert any records. The problem was fixed by granting UNLIMITED TABLESPACE, however, how can I check that this doesn't happen to another user?

Also, only the user received the error message. Nothing appeared in the alert logs which was frustrating as the problem wasn't not apparent to me until the user called me. Is it possible to get this error output to the alert logs? Received on Tue Jan 22 2008 - 19:02:52 CST

Original text of this message