Re: Flush shared_pool

From: Steve Howard <stevedhoward_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 09:12:44 -0800 (PST)

On Jan 22, 12:05 pm, "Yannick ROGER" <yannick.ro..._at_achatpro.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to flush the shared_pool in order to "accelerate" effects of changing
> cursor_sharing parameter. What is the risk, if it exist, on a production
> server with batch running?
>
> Regards,
>
> Yannick

Hi Yannick,

We did it about three weeks ago as a workaround for a bug. It's a 4TB database with a shared pool of 1GB. We saw no impact at all. Of course, you'll have a CPU hit when the queries are reparsed, but it sounds like that is what you want :)

HTH, Steve Received on Tue Jan 22 2008 - 11:12:44 CST

Original text of this message