Re: ADDM advices Oracle's application logic

From: Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2008 11:47:33 +0100

Helma wrote:

> BTW i use raid 0+1

I have seen Compaq hardware RAID controllers that have less throughput that an old RLL controller. I'd concentrate on that.

Comment of Compaq on that particular event was something along the line of "for that money, you do not expect a real RAID controller, do you?". Followed by the usual comment on which beautiful controllers were on sale, for a hefty price, of course.

The company that hired me responded with a "get me a decent one now, or pick up every damn piece of Compaq tomorrow".

Believe the hardware was a 360, but it could have been a 570. It was the basic model. The new RAID controller did make a difference!

I explained earlier, I use LVM on top of two disks, which would qualify as a stripe set (RAID-0), then.

--

Regards,
Frank van Bortel

Top-posting in UseNet newsgroups is one way to shut me up