Re: RMAN backup on SunOS 10g to Oracle 11g Windows

From: EdStevens <quetico_man_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 16:01:56 -0800 (PST)

On Jan 18, 10:57 am, Pradeep Kumar <pradeepkuma..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
> I would like to know if it is possible to restore RMAN created
> backups from a SunOS oracle 10g db system to a Windows Server 2003
> oracle 11g system?
> Will it be compatible?

Are SunOS data files binary compatible with Windows Server 2003? Is an Oracle 10g database the same as an 11g?

Restoring a database is essentially nothing more than restoring files from backup and possibly re-applying redo. rman automates and simplifies this, but its job description doesn't include binary file translations between O/S's, nor does it include database upgrade services. Received on Fri Jan 18 2008 - 18:01:56 CST

Original text of this message