Re: Windows 2003: 10g doesn't start automatically after reboot

From: Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 11:04:08 +0100

Wolfram Roesler wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm using 10gR2 on Windows 2003 Server, and my problem is that
> the database doesn't start automatically after a system reboot.
> I get ORA-01034 and ORA-27101 even half an hour after starting
> up the machine. I can start the DB manually with no problem.
>
> The OracleServiceORCL service is set to "automatic" and to
> log in as LocalSystem. services.msc even reports it as
> "started"!
>
> Administrator is a member of the ora_dba group, and is the only
> user on the machine.
>
> ORA_ORCL_AUTOSTART is TRUE in HKLM\SOFTWARE\ORACLE\KEY_OraDb10g_home1.
>
> sqlnet.ora has these:
>
> SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES= (NTS)
> NAMES.DIRECTORY_PATH= (TNSNAMES, EZCONNECT)
>
> There's nothing in the alert log: its last entry is "Completed:
> ALTER DATABASE OPEN" but the date is way before the last reboot.
> Nothing was written to the alert log, or any file in the bdump
> or udump directories, since the last reboot.
>
> There's nothing Oracle-specific in the event log.
>
> Does anybody have an idea where else to look?
>
> Thanks for your help
> W. Rösler

Check the oradim.log. You can recreate the services, using oradim. Make sure you are logged on as local administrator, else you rely on networked authentication.
Oradim.log should be in %ORACLE_HOME%/dbs (or database).

--

Regards,
Frank van Bortel

Top-posting in UseNet newsgroups is one way to shut me up