Re: can someone please explain what this blog tagging this is all about?

From: <ignacio.ruiz_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 22:52:27 -0800 (PST)

> > I hope a few higher ups in the Oracle community (can we call it that
> > in the context of this thread) can get in touch with Howard to talk to
> > him on the subject.
>
> > Cheers
> > Doug
>
> The trouble is, Doug, it's not a matter for the higher ups. It's
> rather more a question of how "the lower downs" (a group I happen to
> believe I belong to, incidentally!) behave in the aggregate. Or
> rather, behaved.
>
> Besides, the entire blogging "game" was started by an Oracle employee
> (who explicitly called it "an infectious meme", funnily enough); and
> it was recently and enthusistically supported as "nourishment" for the
> Oracle community by the Editor-in-Chief of the entire Oracle
> Technology Network. So it would be a bit of an up-hill battle going
> that route, I think!

What *if* this was a kind of experiment? ... this '8-things' seems like a candid and very irresponsible idea, but what *if* somebody needed a real avalanche of data to test something new ... kind of open- -like comunity stress test.

Much like a supersonic jet breaking the sound barrier, it could bother us all... but we cannot stop it.

*STAMPEDE* Regards Received on Fri Jan 18 2008 - 00:52:27 CST

Original text of this message