Re: How do I backup functions and procedures in database?

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 09:43:36 -0800 (PST)

On Jan 17, 9:31 am, joel garry <joel-ga..._at_home.com> wrote:
> On Jan 16, 5:15 pm, Sasha <alexk..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I've wrote some function and procedures(create function etc.) on PL/
> > SQL
> > How can I back up/save them in case I lose my DB? Is there any tool
> > for that?
>
> > Thanks
>
> Also see the INCLUDE and EXCLUDE options of the exp utility. This is
> in addition to the physical backups and source code control, not a
> substitute.

Haven't had coffee yet. That should have said, data pump export.

In exp, use a user mode or full export. Note you can use rows=n to avoid data. I habitually do a full=y rows=n in addition to everything else, for 9i db's.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
"Some email may have been erased"..."consistent with industry best