Side Effect of having a large "Open Cursor"

From: <dweeb1976_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 08:24:55 -0800 (PST)

Does anyone know what is the side effect of having a large open_cursor variable. We are doing imports into an oracle database which is heavy on cursors. We have found by setting a small number we keep on getting the exceeds max number of cursors message. Therefore, we have set it much higher and wondering what possible side effect this may cause the database as a whole, or is this some random number Oracle places on databases?

-Thanas Received on Thu Jan 17 2008 - 10:24:55 CST

Original text of this message