Re: How do I backup functions and procedures in database?

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 02:02:08 -0800 (PST)

On Jan 17, 2:07 am, Sasha <alexk..._at_gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for your help.
> How do version control UDFs and SPs? Without manually coping them into
> cvs or similar version control programs?
> Thanks

It depends what your development tool is, and the comment you make aboveis one reason I greatly prefer file based development tools (*cough* sqlplus *cough*) to database based development tools (*cough* toad *cough*) though I will admit to using sqldeveloper for pl/sql development.

I saw the backup question - there's a GUI facility to do this in the dbconsole product (Enterprise Manager).

Niall Litchfield
http://www.orawin.info/ Received on Thu Jan 17 2008 - 04:02:08 CST

Original text of this message