Re: OS authentication question

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 15:13:20 -0800 (PST)

On Jan 16, 1:23 pm, GS <G..._at_GS.com> wrote:

> The servers sqlnet.ora file has SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES= (NTS), I
> thought I might need that on the client side too but my machine is
> SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES= (NONE) and I can connect ok. I am on my
> way back over to check his sqlnet.ora file, but is there something else
> I am missing here?

I'm also wondering, so I'll throw out some wild guesses: Are you an admin on your client? Is there a password file on the server? Is remote_login_passwordfile set in the init.ora? And of course, are you checking the config files you are actually using? Is there an ORA_DBA group on these machines?

Maybe sqlnet tracing could give a clue as to the diff.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
http://valleywag.com/tech/breakdowns/if-a-vonage-falls-in-the-woods-does-it-make-a-sound-334855.php