Re: impdp changes owner of jobs

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 13:48:18 -0800 (PST)

On Jan 16, 3:37 pm, Mark D Powell <Mark.Pow..._at_eds.com> wrote:
> On Jan 16, 2:06 pm, joel garry <joel-ga..._at_home.com> wrote:
>

> > On Jan 16, 9:32 am, lothar.armbrues..._at_t-online.de (Lothar Armbrüster)
> > wrote:
>
> > > Hello out there,
> > > today I imported a full database export of an Oracle 10.2.0.3 database
> > > running on Windows 2000. I precreated the tablespaces since I wanted
> > > to put the datafiles on different locations.
> > > After the impdp finished, I realized that every job created with
> > > dbms_job now belongs to system which I used to run the import.
> > > I granted imp_full_database to system prior to the import.
> > > Now I wonder what I did wrong. Is there something to consider when I
> > > want to import jobs?
> > > This is a SE which was downgraded from an EE 9.1 via exp/imp a time
> > > ago. Can that cause the problem?
>
> > > Any crystal balls around? ;-)
>
> > > Regards,
> > > Lothar
>
> > > --
> > > Lothar Armbrüster  | lothar.armbrues..._at_t-online.de
> > > Hauptstr. 26       |
> > > 65346 Eltville     |
>
> > See bug 5620345 (closed, not feasible to fix) workaround:
>
> > 1.Qualify the function name with owner of the function while
> > specifying in  interval parameter. .   for ex:
> > interval=>'usr001.next_min(60)' .
>
> > 2.Run the impdp as the user who submitted the job and  has access
> > privileges  to the function.
>
> > Is your db SE or EE?  See bug 5188282.  There is at least one other
> > which isn't public having to do with impdb and jobs, looks like they
> > just didn't quite get it right.  Perhaps you should submit this.
>
> > jg
> > --
> > @home.com is bogus.
> > Oracle buys BEA:http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/16/business/16cnd-oracle.html?_r=1&ex=...Hide quoted text -

> I have not read the bug report yet but as a workaround I would think
> you could use SQL to extract the job information and build dbms_job or
> better dbms_scheduler scripts to recreate the jobs under the desired
> owner.
>
> HTH -- Mark D Powell --- Hide quoted text -

PS - Since impdp is being used what about making a content=metadata_only include=job export and then using the sqlfile= option on the impdp to capture the DDL. You could then change it.

For user jobs I would think this would work.

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Wed Jan 16 2008 - 15:48:18 CST

Original text of this message