Re: impdp changes owner of jobs

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 12:37:57 -0800 (PST)

On Jan 16, 2:06 pm, joel garry <joel-ga..._at_home.com> wrote:
> On Jan 16, 9:32 am, lothar.armbrues..._at_t-online.de (Lothar Armbrüster)
> wrote:
>

> > Hello out there,
> > today I imported a full database export of an Oracle 10.2.0.3 database
> > running on Windows 2000. I precreated the tablespaces since I wanted
> > to put the datafiles on different locations.
> > After the impdp finished, I realized that every job created with
> > dbms_job now belongs to system which I used to run the import.
> > I granted imp_full_database to system prior to the import.
> > Now I wonder what I did wrong. Is there something to consider when I
> > want to import jobs?
> > This is a SE which was downgraded from an EE 9.1 via exp/imp a time
> > ago. Can that cause the problem?
>
> > Any crystal balls around? ;-)
>
> > Regards,
> > Lothar
>
> > --
> > Lothar Armbrüster  | lothar.armbrues..._at_t-online.de
> > Hauptstr. 26       |
> > 65346 Eltville     |
>
> See bug 5620345 (closed, not feasible to fix) workaround:
>
> 1.Qualify the function name with owner of the function while
> specifying in  interval parameter. .   for ex:
> interval=>'usr001.next_min(60)' .
>
> 2.Run the impdp as the user who submitted the job and  has access
> privileges  to the function.
>
> Is your db SE or EE?  See bug 5188282.  There is at least one other
> which isn't public having to do with impdb and jobs, looks like they
> just didn't quite get it right.  Perhaps you should submit this.
>
> jg
> --
> @home.com is bogus.
> Oracle buys BEA:http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/16/business/16cnd-oracle.html?_r=1&ex=...- Hide quoted text -

I have not read the bug report yet but as a workaround I would think you could use SQL to extract the job information and build dbms_job or better dbms_scheduler scripts to recreate the jobs under the desired owner.

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Wed Jan 16 2008 - 14:37:57 CST

Original text of this message