10g listener configuration

From: Arch <send.no_at_spam.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 20:27:29 GMT

I set up systems for a classroom training environment that include Oracle and a database. I am trying to migrate from 9i to 10g but have run into a major roadblock and would appreciate some help.

With 9i, I could edit the listener.ora and tnsnames.ora and substitute localhost for the actual system name. This worked perfectly and permitted cloning of the systems for the classroom.

With 10.2.0.1, however that technique doesn't seem to work. Once the files are changed to localhost and I've restarted the listener, I can't get the database to register with the listener. I get "listener does not currently know of service requested".

Using lsnrctl status confirms that the listener is not aware of the instance. There is no error in the log, other than the unknown service.

Any suggestions will be appreciated. Received on Wed Jan 16 2008 - 14:27:29 CST

Original text of this message