Re: can someone please explain what this blog tagging this is all about?

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 10:50:24 -0800 (PST)

On Jan 15, 9:27 pm, hjr.pyth..._at_gmail.com wrote:

snip

> > I am another one that doesn't use news readers or blog aggregators
> > apparently.  Suits me just fine thanks.  So to me anyhow it's not
> > significant.
>
> My sincere apologies. I have just read this last sentence again and
> realised I missed the "to me", which changes the meaning a lot. Please
> ignore the first paragraph of my earlier response (well, you can
> ignore all of it if you like, of course, but I suggest you ignore
> *especially* the first paragraph!).

This isn't like you to not blindly flame me and then to actually read my response carefully and then apologize ... wow!

> I still wish people who don't feel themselves affected could
> nevertheless summon up a smidgen of concern on altruistic and
> empathetic grounds, though!-

If you go back to my first posting in this thread ( I am the OP in this case ) ... I asked for someone to give me some background on what happened and why you took your websites offline as a result.

I still don't have much of a clue about who, what and why.

Was there some kind of financial consequence to you ( since you apparently pay for your websites I guess I thought pythian was hosting for free ) because of excess traffic generated to your domains?

If you don't care to explain that's fine but don't guess that everyone is out to get you or isn't potentially sympathetic. Received on Wed Jan 16 2008 - 12:50:24 CST

Original text of this message