ADDM advices Oracle's application logic

From: Helma <helma.vinke_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 06:37:46 -0800 (PST)

Hello *,

I'm new to performance tuning and linux , so any pointers to speed up my investigation is much appreciated.

I've just installed a 10.2.0.3 on a 64bit Linux AS. I created a few TBS, with datafiles of 16GB each. The first file took about 3 minutes, the last file took about 1 hour to create. My experience on other machines is just a few minutes.
I'm looking at the ADDM advice:

"Individual database segments responsible for significant user I/O wait were found."

Investigate application logic involving I/O on database object with id 440.

        Database ObjectSYS.I_RLS2

where I_RLS2 is:

Name		I_RLS2
Schema		SYS
Tablespace	SYSTEM
Index Type	Normal
Status		VALID

Has anyone an idea what happened or where to look? What other elements are needed for a proper diagnoses? Again, i am alone on the machine, not other processes, users etc. Physical writing was the paramount i/o activity, as expected.

Thanks! Received on Wed Jan 16 2008 - 08:37:46 CST

Original text of this message