Re: Looking into all the tables of a schema

From: <>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 10:44:43 GMT

"Ratan" <> wrote in message
> Hi everybody,
> Is there any method using which I can search some numbers in all
> numeric fields in all the tables of a particular schema ????
> This is urgent. Thnaks in advance.

Use sql to generate sql and run the result.

eg something like:
spool tmp.sql

 select 'select * from '||owner||'.'||table_name||' where '||column_name||'=myvalue;' from dba_tab_columns dtc where dtc.owner='THESCHEMA' and dtc.column_type='NUMBER' order by table_name, column_name;

spool off

You have to debug the above a little bit, but it gives you the idea. Jim Received on Wed Jan 16 2008 - 04:44:43 CST

Original text of this message