Re: can someone please explain what this blog tagging this is all about?

From: <>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 02:33:11 -0800 (PST)

On Jan 16, 9:23 pm, wrote:
> It's a damm shame an inane game of "blog tag" started off on the
> fluffy "2.0" side of the Oracle community has managed to take down the
> dizwell site.
> It was my favorite site for Oracle related guff the blogs, the
> articles and the forum were a massive resource for all who accessed
> them.
> I hope a few higher ups in the Oracle community (can we call it that
> in the context of this thread) can get in touch with Howard to talk to
> him on the subject.
> Cheers
> Doug

The trouble is, Doug, it's not a matter for the higher ups. It's rather more a question of how "the lower downs" (a group I happen to believe I belong to, incidentally!) behave in the aggregate. Or rather, behaved.

Besides, the entire blogging "game" was started by an Oracle employee (who explicitly called it "an infectious meme", funnily enough); and it was recently and enthusistically supported as "nourishment" for the Oracle community by the Editor-in-Chief of the entire Oracle Technology Network. So it would be a bit of an up-hill battle going that route, I think!

I've no doubt you'll get someone saying, too, that it wasn't the tagging "game" which took down dizwell, but me!

They would have a point, I suppose... Received on Wed Jan 16 2008 - 04:33:11 CST

Original text of this message