Re: can someone please explain what this blog tagging this is all about?

From: <hjr.pythian_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 14:32:04 -0800 (PST)

> > That's unfortunate for the many who haven't
> > engaged in this round of spamming, but then perhaps those people
> > should make their voice heard. Passive acquiesence in the vandalism
> > perpetrated by a few gets you a slum with no nice amenities, after
> > all.
>
> Eh? Could you run that in American?

Certainly, though it reads much the same in whatever quaint dialect of English I write it!

If you just stand by and let vandalism take place without lifting a finger to stop it, you will soon end up living in an unpleasant slum, with no pleasant amenities to make use of (like functioning bus shelters, elevators that work, car parks to use where your car will be safe and not broken into etc. etc.)

Similarly, if you just stand by and let these "game players" have their chain letters without uttering one word of protest or concern, you will end up operating in an Oracle community that is devoid of quite a bit of useful, accessible content. Those few dozen people who have written asking for a password to the current Dizwell site and wondering when the articles will be made available again should maybe do something about the chain letter phenomenon, therefore. Received on Mon Jan 14 2008 - 16:32:04 CST

Original text of this message