How to find time offset from timezone information in Oracle

From: Aparna <>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 10:00:48 -0800 (PST)

I use the below query to get the Timeoffset from a given timezone. However this query will not work for many timezone example for MST.

  1. SELECT TZ_OFFSET('PST') FROM dual; -- this query works fine for Timezone PST and returns a timeoffset correctly
  2. SELECT TZ_OFFSET('SST') FROM dual; --this query does not work for Timezone SST ORA-01882: timezone region not found

How I can I get the timeoffset for all timezones ? Kindly help , this has to be implemented asap!
Any input is appreciated!

Aparna Received on Mon Jan 14 2008 - 12:00:48 CST

Original text of this message