Re: Location 9i Application Express

From: Mark D Powell <>
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2008 06:50:59 -0800 (PST)

On Jan 12, 4:33 am, Frank van Bortel <> wrote:
> John Strazzarino wrote:
> > A friend installed Oracle 9i at home.  After installation, he could not
> > locate Application Express; which I believe used to be called HTML/DB.
> > Any idea where it is located?  Sorry for being vague, but this is all I know
> With 9i, it would be on the Companion CD, branded HTMLDB, as you
> correctly suggested.
> I'd go for the 3.0.1 version, though, which can be downloaded
> from
> Maybe a better option would be to download and install Oracle XE?
> --
> Regards,
> Frank van Bortel
> Top-posting is one way to shut me up...

I agree with Frank. For one Oracle Express besides being version 10gR2, puts a much lighter load on the PC than the regular Windows version (or at least does compared to the Windows version I tried to run on my XP system).

Using Express will give your friend two coordinated versions of software designed to work together.

IMHO -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Sat Jan 12 2008 - 08:50:59 CST

Original text of this message