Re: Clients connecting to non-vip address

From: <madhusreeram_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 12:43:08 -0800 (PST)

On Jan 10, 2:36 am, linearalge..._at_hotmail.com wrote:
> Hello,
>
> However, even though I ONLY specify the vip address in my jdbc url, I
> see established connections from the application server to the non-vip
> address (xxx.xx.xx.200). Since I see the same phenomena from two
> different COTS application servers, I am thinking I need to tweak my
> Oracle RAC configuration. I tried commenting out the non-vip address
> in the listeners.ora, and I wasn't able to connect to the db at all.
> Is anyone out there versed in manual Oracle RAC configuration that
> will prevent clients from connecting to the non-vip address. Seems the
> Oracle connection process is spawning connections to the non-vip
> address upon client requests. The /etc/hosts and dns on all machines
> are resolving properly. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

This is common if you have setup for listener load balancing. To prevent connections on a non-vip address , make sure: - modify listener.ora so that it doesn't listen on non-vip address (just vip address)
-make sure the remote_listener and the local_listener are referencing only vip addresses.

-Madhu Sreeram Received on Fri Jan 11 2008 - 14:43:08 CST

Original text of this message