screwed non-us7ascii characters while selecting from a database link

From: codadilupo <codadilupo_at_operamail.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 11:21:37 +0100

Hello, I have the following situation:

db1: Oracle 9.0.1.3 with charset WE8ISO8859P1 db2: Oracle 10.2.0.3 with charset AL32UTF8

The two databases are on two different servers, db1 on SUSE SLES8 and db2 on SUSE SLES9.

Inside db2, I created a simple database link to db1:

CREATE DATABASE LINK db1_link CONNECT TO user IDENTIFIED BY password USING 'db1';

My problem is that if, in db1, I "insert into table select * from table_at_db1_link" the non-us7ascii characters are screwed, if I exp tables   from db1 and imp them into db2 the characters are converted correcly.

I'm checking the results both from Linux shell and mod_plsql webapp, so it's not a client issue.

Any suggestion? Am I missing something?

Thank you. Kind regards, Cristian Received on Fri Jan 11 2008 - 04:21:37 CST

Original text of this message