Re: help tracking down root of high executions.

From: Ben <benalvey_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 10:56:42 -0800 (PST)

On Jan 9, 2:44 pm, bdbafh <bdb..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jan 9, 2:34 pm, joel garry <joel-ga..._at_home.com> wrote:

> > > Everytime I find a session that has that corresponding sql_id, the
> > > session is inactive and shows the last activity was at 1 minutes past
> > > the hour. (that is based off of last_call_et)
>
> > > The few sessions that I found to be using that sql and be active, I
> > > turned on tracing but they weren't executing the sql at an alarming
> > > rate ( maybe 10 to 20 times in 10 minutes ) which is normal. Is there
> > > a bug with AWR reporting that makes it appear that the sql is being
> > > executed every centi-second
>
> > Search the bug database on metalink for centiseconds and you might
> > wonder if anything gets them straight. :-O
>
> > jg
> > --
> > @home.com is bogus.
> > Big Brother is making money off of you:http://www.websense.com/global/en/PressRoom/PressReleases/PressReleas...
>
> Joel,
>
> ... its not like they're trying to put a lander on the surface of Mars
> or run a nuke_cue_lar pahr plant.
>
> My favorite was getting negative response times.
> That blows away just having to adjust by 3 or 6 decimal places.
>
> -bdbafh- Hide quoted text -

Little confused, are you saying that AWR doesn't report executions accurately, or that last_call_et doesn't reflect the correct centiseconds?

The execution rate for the sql that I am having issues with was based off of the # of executions during the snapshot time frame. Received on Thu Jan 10 2008 - 12:56:42 CST

Original text of this message