Re: hots/cold backup script for 9i on linux

From: <fitzjarrell_at_cox.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 05:07:17 -0800 (PST)

On Jan 10, 5:01 am, ton de w <ton_de_win..._at_yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Anyone care to reccommend  a backup script for a cold backup (db shut
> down) for 9i on Redhat?
> Also a script for a hot backup (archivemode on).
>
> TIA
>
> Ton

I'd recommend strongly you familiarize yourself with RMAN for the hot backup strategy.

As for your cold backup you could:

alter database backup controlfile to trace;

then edit that script to provide the file names to back up. Add to that list your controlfiles from the init.ora and write your own cold backup script. Since you should be making a backup of your controlfile every time you add a new datafile you'll have a current file list to base a cold backup script upon.

Others may have differing opinions.

David Fitzjarrell Received on Thu Jan 10 2008 - 07:07:17 CST

Original text of this message