General Question - Initialization Parameters

From: <>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2008 07:01:26 -0800 (PST)

Good Day All,

I'm slowly making my way through the Oracle Database 10g Server manual and have a quick question.

I know that Oracle Database Server uses a spfile to get the initialization parameters required for startup. I also know that there is an initialization parameter called SPFILE which contains the name of spfile being used by the instance.

Question: It doesn't seem possible to me that the SPFILE parameter be stored in the spfile since it lists the name of a file to use for startup in the startup file.

Or as an analogy: You can pick up the directions to my house at my place.

If I am interpreting this correctly, wouldn't that mean that this parameter has to be stored in some other file?

Richard Drouillard Received on Wed Jan 09 2008 - 09:01:26 CST

Original text of this message