Re: warm standby 9i on Redhat

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2008 04:40:33 -0800 (PST)

On Jan 9, 5:41 am, ton de w <ton_de_win..._at_yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

snip

> I has now been suggested, on grounds of expense and complexity of Data
> Guard that I spec a backup/restore that will not loose more than 1/2
> hour (or possibly 1 hour) worth of data.
> Is that feasable? How best to achieve ths?
>
> TIA
>
> Ton

I think it is time for you to get familiar with the oracle documentation set. Freely available at http://tahiti.oracle.com ... look at rman.

You can do a hot backup ( while the database is running ) and then keep getting more archive logs. If you switch archive logs every 1/2 hour ( and have them saved somewhere ) you can always recover "up to" the most recent archive log switch.

But again I think you need to look at the documentation. Robert Freeman has a pretty good 10g rman backup book ( some people like it others have different thoughts ) that you might want to pick up. Received on Wed Jan 09 2008 - 06:40:33 CST

Original text of this message