Re: How to tune Oracle database on slow performance

From: pejantan4u <>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2008 01:02:38 -0800 (PST)

thanks for ur response.

On Jan 9, 3:49 pm, Robert Klemme <> wrote:
> On Jan 9, 9:33 am, pejantan4u <> wrote:
> > we're running Oracle on Linux Redhat ES 4, 12GB memory.
> > we are testing application with 50user+ that connect into the database
> > oracle and i saw graphic performance on my EM, it looks ok.
> > and then on top sql, few queries showed percentage 44% and 60%, i
> What percentage? Did you look at the execution plans? Why do you say
> it looks ok and then you say it isn't? Are there complaints from
> users?

i saw it on EM in Top SQL section. i said ok when i saw the performance of database on EM performance section, but when i saw in Top sql section, there are few queries that show large activity percentage on EM. Users complaints about, why the database took a long time, when they run the application.
> > tried to run the sql tuning advisor but oracle only recomend gather
> > statistic, but i think this wasn't enough. what should i do ? could
> > anyone help me
> Do you _think_ that it was enough or do you _know_ it?

I think, because i don't know for sure.