Re: Response to spam

From: joel garry <>
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2008 11:23:29 -0800 (PST)

On Jan 8, 7:02 am, "Martijn Tonies" <> wrote:
> > >And kudos to Daniel for showing us a positive outcome and for his
> > >diligence. And to James for understanding.
> > I have to agree, wholeheartedly.  It is very easy to grow frustrated,
> > seeing the seemingly endless stream of spam spewed upon the forums.
> Very true... And in e-mail as well, luckily, I have that filtered. Worse
> solutions are floating around the net though.
> > That makes it easy to give up and stop sending in the abuse reports.
> > Daniel has showed us that it might not be totally futile.
> Yep, but as I said, I really wouldn't want to call this a "real" spammer.

I do and I did. I consider people who perform actions of specific misposting in order to drive traffic to their sites spammers. And not a trivial form of spam either, as this is the sort of thing that can become high volume very fast, as everyone wants to make a million dollars from other people googling.

The ethics of me not following the google webmaster help charter is left as an exercise for the student.

-- is bogus.