Re: Response to spam

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2008 11:23:29 -0800 (PST)

On Jan 8, 7:02 am, "Martijn Tonies" <m.ton..._at_upscene.removethis.com> wrote:

> > >And kudos to Daniel for showing us a positive outcome and for his
> > >diligence. And to James for understanding.
>
> > I have to agree, wholeheartedly.  It is very easy to grow frustrated,
> > seeing the seemingly endless stream of spam spewed upon the forums.
>
> Very true... And in e-mail as well, luckily, I have that filtered. Worse
> solutions are floating around the net though.
>
> > That makes it easy to give up and stop sending in the abuse reports.
> > Daniel has showed us that it might not be totally futile.
>
> Yep, but as I said, I really wouldn't want to call this a "real" spammer.

I do and I did.
http://groups.google.com/group/Google_Webmaster_Help-Indexing/browse_thread/thread/28195d5610b67737/f8326235fb135c9c?lnk=gst&q=jg#f8326235fb135c9c I consider people who perform actions of specific misposting in order to drive traffic to their sites spammers. And not a trivial form of spam either, as this is the sort of thing that can become high volume very fast, as everyone wants to make a million dollars from other people googling.

The ethics of me not following the google webmaster help charter is left as an exercise for the student.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
http://www.hardocp.com/news.html?news=Mjk5ODMsLCwsLCwx