Re: Taking backups of Archive logs

From: <fitzjarrell_at_cox.net>
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2008 06:06:26 -0800 (PST)

On Jan 8, 12:36 am, maadhuuranja..._at_gmail.com wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I am new to taking backups in Oracle. Say if I create a database with
> the Archived log space as 10GB . Now if I have a daily backup , I see
> that it eats up quite a lot of space. Now how do I move some of the
> archived logs or delete them ? Do I have to necessarily use RMAN for
> the same ? Just doing an 'rm' doesn't seem to help.
>
> thanks.
>
> Madhu M

What, exactly, are you including in this backup? Where are you storing it on the server? How large is the filesystem for the archivelogs? How may archivelogs do you generate in an hour? How large, on average, are your archivelogs? What do you mean by 'Just doing an 'rm' doesn't seem to help.'? Which release of Oracle are you using? How large is your database?

You need to provide much more information than you have before anyone can provide any suggestions.

David Fitzjarrell Received on Tue Jan 08 2008 - 08:06:26 CST

Original text of this message