Re: Listener Password 10G

From: <>
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2008 05:38:27 -0800 (PST)

> Could you please post the link to the relevant page on Metalink?
> I guess there is a misunderstanding here: in 10g (Unix/Linux at least)
> you don't have to provide the listener password if your OS user is in
> the "dba" group, but this does not mean that a password is useless.

Sure thing. It's,p14_docid,p14_show_header,p14_show_help,p14_black_frame,p14_font:NOT,260986.1,1,0,1,helvetica

(Note 260986.1)

I guess my point is that if whoever is logging in as oracle has the privileges to do whatever they want then needing a password for starting and stopping the listener seems somewhat unnecessary... Received on Tue Jan 08 2008 - 07:38:27 CST

Original text of this message