Re: Listener Password 10G

From: <>
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2008 02:49:20 -0800 (PST)

On Jan 8, 11:41 am, wrote:
> According to Metalink, the listener is "secure" in 10g as it uses OS
> authentication.
> I was wondering therefore if anyone uses a password for lsnrctl for
> their 10g databases and if there's any value in it?
> Thanks.

Could you please post the link to the relevant page on Metalink?

I guess there is a misunderstanding here: in 10g (Unix/Linux at least) you don't have to provide the listener password if your OS user is in the "dba" group, but this does not mean that a password is useless. Received on Tue Jan 08 2008 - 04:49:20 CST

Original text of this message