Re: Response to spam

From: John Mishefske <jmishefskeNO_at_SPAMyahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2008 20:07:55 -0600

Martijn Tonies wrote:
>> I know that quite often members of the group don't see the outcome of >> what some of us do to fight spam. Here's one positive outcome.

And kudos to Daniel for showing us a positive outcome and for his diligence. And to James for understanding.

> Although James replies in a positive way and I do appreciate anyone who
> fights spam (in a decent way ;-), this is hardly "real" spam. James posted
> to this group without knowing the charter, he got directed to it and replies
> to that ( I've done the same in the past ). Big deal. This hardly is spam.

But Daniel couldn't determine if James knew the charter from that one post.

> Spam? Fight the damn "MI5" spammer who posted his tens of messages
> coming from different e-mail addresses all over the public newsgroups!

Agreed. The MI5 spammer gathers no sympathy to whatever cause he/she spews. Folks just ignore, or worse come to oppose, his cause because of the delivery method.

2 cents....

--
' John Mishefske